Friday, April 23, 2010

Too Much OR Too Fat??

Though I am not an avid reader of the New York Post (I mean, come on, now.)

This headline caught my attention this morning:

'Narrow'-minded ABC refuses to air ad with buxom babe, clothing line claims


No one can argue with me that this is NOT discrimination. Women can parade around in skimpy costumes for DWTS, where they have LESS coverage than the model pictures (see the pic to your right) and perform sexy dances, but an ad with a plus-size woman is not okay due to cleavage? You have GOT to be kidding me - that is the WORST excuse I have ever heard! And FOX, Victoria's Secret ads can be pretty risque...but I guess that's alright as long as you are thin. 


I am disgusted today. How does this make you feel?
Visit my blog at http://www.tabayag.com for more Fatshion News!

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is appaling and nothing short of discrimination. I've seen far less on far thinner girls, and what a pathetic excuse!! How on earth can cleavage be too much for the family??!! I think the violence shown on the tv is far worse than a well covered pair of breasts!!

Anonymous said...

UM HELLO! That commercial was the BOMB. I don't have kids, but if I did, I would totally want them seeing that versus a VS ad with a FULL SCREEN of UNREALISTIC cleavage and unproportional models (in skimpy panties, too).
-Faith

Moe said...

I thought the commercial was awesome. I don't think it was any risky than the show it was supposed to be airing during. I'm sure it had more to do with the size of the girl than the curve of her breasts.

Jessica Kane said...

Faith - totally agree! Love it

Moe - I'm sure it did. Crazy!

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com | Distributed by Deluxe Templates