Friday, April 9, 2010

I Love Product, But Inexpensive Product Is My True Love!

As I was doing my routine this morning getting ready for work I was thinking a lot about the products I use. I have been using most of them for a long time and I can be a bit set in my ways when it comes to my favorites. Even though this blog focuses more on the clothes and less on face and hair I do get a lot of emails asking me how I style my hair (which is one of my signatures), what eyeliner I use and things of that nature. So I figured I would put together a couple posts breaking down the products I use!

So a lot of you may be surprised because I don’t really spend too much time on makeup and hair or much money on the products, especially when you consider the amount of cash I am willing to put down on hot fashions. I get up every work day at 5:45am, I take a 15 minute shower then I start waking up the kids. I work on keeping them on time while they get ready and spend the next 45 minutes getting ready myself . So basically my routine including showering and wrangling 3 pre-teen boys takes an hour, and a lot of that is honestly spent dressing myself.

I can’t stand the way I look when my hair is wet and flat and not its big obnoxious self so before I can love my outfit or my makeup, getting my hair styled is top priority. Since I usually do my hair first that will be our topic today!

Hair is one of the main factors in my look, it gives me a rock n roll edge and some high fashion quality and keeps me from looking like some other ginger (Yes this is my natural hair color) next door.

As far as shampoo and conditioner go I’m pretty basic. I use Hello Hydration from Herbal Essence for around $3.00 a bottle.

I towel dry my hair and then finish drying with a blow dryer with my head upside down for extra volume. Once dry I use a straightening iron to get my naturally curly bangs in place for styling.

Next I apply Schwarzkopf OSiS Dust It – Mattifying Powder I purchase this from my stylist for $20 a bottle. This stuff lasts forever so I don’t mind shelling out the cash every other haircut.

Dust It is great for getting lightweight texture and separation and doesn't leave any sticky residue. I am absolutely in love with this stuff! With Dust It my hair is capable of being restyled easily throughout the day as well. Sometimes I will tone it down a bit for work and then form it into a fohawk for a night out. All it takes is a couple more shakes of Dust it into my hair, some finger shaping and I’m good to go and rocking! You can apply Dust It either by shaking some into the palm of your hands rubbing together and running your fingers through your hair or you can do what I do and shake it directly into the roots for more volume - I LOVE ME SOME BIG HAIR!

For a more polished look and part of my morning routine I use Got2B Glued Styling Spiking Glue for under $7.00

By adding a very tiny amount of Spiking Glue to the tips and edges of my hair it gives it a bit of a wet styled look that adds a little polish. The same could be done with some pomade.

Lastly when I need a solid hold I use a squirt of Got2B Glued Blasting Freeze Spray for under $7

This spray is seriously the shit! It came into my life when I had a bit longer hair and used to wear it teased with what Ellen DeGeneres would refer to as a Snooki Poof (I so patented that way before the Jersey Shore but whatev, lol). The Got2B Glued Freeze Blasting Spray can hold anything in place, give you some serious height when sprayed at the roots and is pretty fab in general! I only use it now when my hair is getting a bit too long and loses its umph,one quick little spray and its perfect for even the windiest day.

So that's it! Pretty simple for such a bitching hair style huh? Well it would be nothing without my stylist Jenna from Jacko’s Chop Shop in Boise

Next week I will be giving a breakdown on how I achieve my 5 minute face and more of the products I love, with prices I love!

Xoxo
Stiletto

0 Comments:

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com | Distributed by Deluxe Templates