Wednesday, April 21, 2010

+Review | Lucie Lu Whimsy Bow Tee


Last week I was excited to learn about a new plus size online retailer. As the publisher of Skorch Mag, I'm definitely lucky to be one of the first ones to find out first. The awesome girls at Lucie Lu asked me to try out one of their tops. I admit I do get a lot of clothing to sample, the luxury of the job, but I promise you I would never tell you to wear it unless I felt in my heart you would love it and I was not compensated for this review. So, disclaimers aside, here's the breakdown...

meet my little man Kyle - he's always messing up the shot! :)

             


Review

Fabric: Being 60% poly~32% rayon~8% spandex, it's surprisingly quality feeling. Not too thin.

Details: The detailing is beautiful and the stitching is perfect. One of the first things I will bag on is any loose stitching or sloppy detailing.

Cut/Fit: Perfection! I simply LOVE the puffy sleeve, makes it feel so perfect. The website sizing was spot on.

Color: My photos are not retouched, so the color you see is the color you get. I do think the website image is a bit off on the color. See website image below.

Overall Summary: I absolutely adore the shirt. One thing to remember, always look at the care instructions...being a busy mom I would have normally thrown this piece in the dryer, but it does say to lay flat...makes sense with the detailing. This shows you why I HATE buying sequins! LOL - I don't have the patience for air-dry, but for this top, I'll try :).



Get this top at Lucie Lu
http://www.lucielu.com/product_p/whimsybowtee.htm

$38

Sizes: 1x(14/16) to 5x (30)

PS - Click here to get my cropped pants from Old Navy!
$29.50 Sizes 16-30

xoxo,
jessica
publisher of skorch mag



 Re-blogged from ...
www.curvyconfident30something.com - a new fashion blog for the rest of us curvy fashionistas! we are mommys, wifeys, and refuse to look 50. we are curvy, confident, 30-somethings!

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

OMG i love this tee! I modeled it for Boutique Larriuex's website...I wanted to buy it right then and there! It's waaaaaaaaaay comfy and super cute with the details!

Moe said...

I probably wouldn't have picked it off the rack but it looks really cute on you. Love the pants too.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com | Distributed by Deluxe Templates