Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Skorch Doll - Connie of Baton Rouge, LA

Meet Connie!

Q. Tell our SKORCH readers your name, where your from & what you do, School/Major or Career/Field?
My name is Consuella, but most know me as “Connie” I am a native of Baton Rouge, LA but have resided in the DFW Metroplex for the last 7 years. I am a proud graduate of Southern University A&M College (GO JAGS!!!) with a BS in Accounting and I’m currently working on the mortgage industry.

Q. Tell us your favorite (makeup line, perfume, shoe designer, other) ?
I have been a MAC fan for as a long as I remember but I also have found pleasure in using Mary Kay. Some of my favorite perfumes include DKNY Be Delicious, D&G Light Blue and Jivago 24K. I’m not loyal to one particular shoe designer, I like to buy shoes that make me feel sexy….

Q. What designer would you like to see develop a TRUE + apparel line?
I would love to see Kimora Lee or Tyra Banks come out with a line that shows that true beauty comes from inside but the outside is just as “fabulous”

Q. In your photo(s) who are wearing & where did you purchase? The outfit was actually a birthday gift from my sister, but I know the labels are Venezia (Lane Bryant) and Erica Brook.

Q. What does a SKORCH Doll do for fun? OMG, where do I begin? I like reading, shopping, but most of all I love to dance. If I’m at any party or social event you are likely to find me in the middle of the dance floor. Dancing makes me feel free.















Q. Why did you want to be a SKORCH Doll? I wanted to show that beauty doesn’t stop at a size 6. I have been a plus size woman all my life and have worked hard to maintain a positive image in a world where we looked over so much. I have to thank my parents for not allowing me to limit myself in the life because of my size. I was always in dance, softball and basketball. It’s because so many people said that I couldn’t that I did….

9 Comments:

Unknown said...

That's what I'm talking about girl...Big ups 2 u boo...You right, real beauty is not about the size you were but what comes from inside....

Shanetrac said...

Connie is a bad big boned chic.. Love ya

Unknown said...

Connie you are my inspiration and you continue to motivate me...keep it moving girl cuz you got it...love the pics!!!!!!

MIZZ NICKOL said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! YOU ARE THE TRUE DEFINITION OF BEAUTY INSIDE AND OUT! YOU ARE NOT DIFINED BY YOUR MATERIALS BUT "THE REAL YOU"! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR CONFIDENCE! KEEP IT UP, YOU ARE DESTINED FOR SUCCESS!

Shawn said...

Very nice, my friend. Keep it positive and you'll always rise above!

T'Ana said...

Girl you know i'm sensitive. You almost made a tear come down. Good for you Connie. I love you and your SWAGGA. Keep doing what you do no matter what you go through. You will always be a diva in my eyes, Ms. Spring flower. LOL.

Unknown said...

Connie, you are a very beautiful and confident woman. That's why you and I vibe so well....you bring me up everytime I kick it with you. Thanks for that kind of friendship. P.S. Your smile is breath-taking!

Laila said...

You go!!! Connie!!! I am so proud of you!!!

Christine said...

Congrats Connie! Its great to see a beautiful, confident plus woman representing and lookin fabulous.

 
blog design by suckmylolly.com | Distributed by Deluxe Templates