What is a SKORCH Doll? SKORCH Dolls are featured readers that are the definition of SKORCH – confidence, fierce, sexy and comfortable in her body. Even though we can no feature every reader in the magazine, we can feature our readers in features we call SKORCH DOLLS. Anyone can apply, and we do not select based on look – we randomly select SKORCH dolls – so you have a chance!
Thank you for reading SKORCH Magazine!
Q. Tell our SKORCH readers your name, where your from & what you do, School/Major or Career/Field?
- Hello You SKORCH-ing HAUTE BEAUTIES! MY NAME IS myzzCHANEL, I am from the beautiful city of San Antonio, Texas! I am currently in banking customer service while at the same time juggling recording arts and being a plus-size activist. I will be completing my Bachelors of Business Administration from the University of the Incarnate Word here in San Antonio. I aspire and strive to become a professional recording artist and/or professional plus-size model. I believe, as long as you watch what you eat and burn off the rest, being HEALTHY, HAPPY, & PLUS-SIZED = SKORCH-ing HAUTENESS! = D
Q. Tell us your favorite (makeup line, perfume, shoe designer, other) ?
- Well, I am also a makeup artist by trade, so my cosmetic bag is full of everything from Lancome, to Benefit, to Clinique, to MAC, Physicians Formula, Revlon, Maybelline(loved working for them!) etc. Can you say MAKEUP ADDICT! = D Perfume is definitely another passion of mine. Right now, I am absolutely in love with QUEEN by Queen Latifah! Warm and sultry but not “old lady” – lol. Great for day or night. As far as shoes are concerned……ADDICT HERE AS WELL! I wear a true and unwavering US size 11, so when I find a FIERCE pair…CHA-CHING! Anything FIERCE, REASONABLY PRICED, and no less than 4 inches are on my feet at least 5 days out of the week. I am 6′0″ tall naturally, but most of the time I stand at about 6′3-ish, 6′4 – People look at me like, “WHOAAA she’s tall!”…lol. I plan on purchasing my first pair of Christian Louboutin’s pretty soon here – gotta have the original red soles. Just amazing. I did mention I am a recording artist, so I must tell you that my all time favorite performers include Michael Jackson, Jay-Z, and Beyonce, just to name a few. I am in love with REAL R&B, Soul, REAL Hip-Hop, Smooth Jazz, Old Skool, and Gospel. Music is Life.
Q. What designer would you like to see develop a TRUE + apparel line?
- I would most definitely love love love to see MISS SIXTY go plus! Have you seen their Fall/Winter 2009?! Very edgy and dramatic while keeping femininity and ‘cute’ appeal. Also, Emporio Armani and GUCCI should really think about going PLUS and developing some sub-lines with a lower price points.
Q. In your photo where did you purchase your outfit?
- Black Tuxedo Blazer from (JCP) Black,
- High-Waisted Pencil Skirt (Dots)
- Braided Rope Belt (Macys)
Q. What does a SKORCH Doll do for fun?
- a SKORCH doll in her leisure time, does whatever stimulates her heart, mind, and soul. Going out Dancing, Singing, Socializing with the besties, Volunteering with the local youth, or Hitting up a concert or new flick are just a few things I know are sure to keep the FUN flowing!
Q. Why did you want to be a SKORCH Doll?
= D Becoming a SKORCH Doll to me means representing not only plus-sized young women, but representing a the “MAJORITY”! Yes, SKORCH and those who love SKORCH are, for the most part, CONFIDENT, VIBRANT, AND EMBRACE THE SKIN WE ARE IN. However, there are the same number of women out there WHO ARE NOT COMFORTABLE with themselves, who need a positive force in their life to boost their weight loss, self-esteem, confidence, etc. I THIRST to take this “movement” to the NEXT LEVEL! Being a SKORCH Doll elevates that power and strength to a WHOLE NEW PLACE!